Senior Medical Officer Anaesthesia - Suva, Fiji
The Senior Medical Officer position supports and assists the Principal Medical Officer and Consultant Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Services.
This includes the provision of high quality anaesthesia services, including intensive care and hyperbaric services, under the responsibility of the HOD, consistent with the values of the Ministry of Civil Service and the Ministry of Health and Medical Services.
In addition to Diploma in Anaesthesia and undertaking training for Masters in Medicine in Anaesthesia, the following knowledge, experience, skills and abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
1. Knowledge of evidence-based standards of safe practices in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care medicine.
2. Awareness with some knowledge of medical and government legislation, anaesthesia and intensive care policies and medico-legal compliance.
3. Understand the concepts/tools used in clinical leadership, management, audits, research, monitoring and evaluation and clinical governance.
4. Experience working in an Anaesthetic Unit with limited resources.
5. Experience in resuscitating patients with life-threatening emergencies, participating in an emergency response, and supporting team members and relatives of very sick patients.
Please click on the link to view the full job description :PD - Senior Medical Officer Anaesthesia
Overseas Fellowships click here