ESA Committee and Examiner Vacancies
Expand your influence and contribute to the development of ESA programmes through committee participation, improving educational resources, and more.
- Trainee Committee Chairperson (Deadline: 15 November)
- CEEA Committee Members (Deadline: 15 November)
- OLA Subcommittee Member (Deadline: 15 December)
- Examinations Subcommittee Part I Member (Deadline: 15 December)
- EDAIC Part II Examiners (On-going)
Go to the website for more information.
Consultant Anaesthesia, Lautoka Hospital, Fiji
Overview of the Lautoka Hospital
The Lautoka Hospital provides a comprehensive range of curative, primary and preventative
health service to the residents of the Western Division and is the main tertiary referral
centre for the Division. In addition, the Hospital provides clinical teaching facilities and
support for national, regional and international students for undergraduate and
postgraduate training of the Fiji National University [FNU] and the University of Fiji [UoF].
The position supports and assists the Medical Superintendent in the provision of high quality
Anaesthetic services, including Intensive Care, consistent with the values of the Ministry of
Civil Service and the Ministry of Health and Medical Services.
Knowledge and Experience
1. Strong knowledge of evidence-based standards of safe Anaesthetic including
Intensive Care practices and Medicine.
2. Understanding of medical and government legislation, policies and medico-legal
3. Broad understanding of concepts/tools used in clinical leadership, management,
audits, research, monitoring and evaluation and clinical governance.
4. Specialised training with broad clinical experience in Anaesthesia.
5. Experience working and managing a clinical Unit with limited resources and
confident and competent in teaching and training staff.
6. Experience in resuscitating patients with life-threatening emergencies and
subsequent management of critically ill or injured patients, initiating and
participating in an emergency response, and supporting team members and relatives
of very sick patients.
Overseas Fellowships click here
Locums requested to cover PSA 2018, Fiji
The Pacific Society of Anaesthetists will hold their annual meeting 10-14 September 2018.
They require cover for their members to attend the meeting, and need five locums who want to work for a week in Pacific Island countries, and an additional five to cover Fiji.
If you are interested, please contact Wayne Morriss