New Zealand positions
Anaesthetic Technicians - Operating Theatres - Auckland District Health Board
Auckland District Health Board (ADHB) is one of the largest public healthcare providers in New Zealand with four specialist teaching hospitals: Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre, National Women's Health and Starship Children's Health.
We have permanent full time and part time positions available in various speciality areas in the hospital. You can choose the speciality area you want to work in but also have opportunity to work across in other speciality areas to keep your skills current or gain new ones.
We have over 35 operating theatres providing operating rooms and anaesthesia services from five different sites. These are :-
- Adult and Emergency -13 ORs running a 24/7 services with on call duties for patients facing complex surgery in the specialities of - Neurosurgery, Vascular, General surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, Trauma, Transplant - Liver, Renal and Pancreas, Interventional Radiology.
- Cardiothoracic and ORL - Tertiary/quaternary national referral unit for heart/lung transplants, complex thoracic, ear, nose and throat, head and neck. Other speciality areas are MRI, CT, radiology, electrophysiology, cardiac angiography, bronchoscopy and ICU.
- Greenlane Surgical Unit - Ophthalmology and dental (both include paediatrics), ORL, urology, general surgery, neurology, gynaecology, fertility and pain service.
- Starship Children's Health - All paediatric specialities.
- Woman's Health - Acute obstetrics, gynaecology and general surgery.
- Opportunity to work within New Zealand's largest operating theatre departments
- A supportive environment for education and learning
- Entitlement for Continuing Professional Development allowance including 5 days study leave
- Permanent full time and part time positions. Fixed term options can also be considered.
- Positions can be based solely in one department with the opportunity to work in other departments provided the rosters permit.
Salary and benefits will be as per the National Collective Agreement. Additional penal rates will be applicable as per rostered shifts.
You must be registered or be eligible for registration with Medical Sciences Council. More information about registration and training is available on their website www.mscouncil.org.nz. We also welcome applications from New Zealand Anaesthetic Technician Trainees in their final year training due to finish within 6 months. If selected, the offer will be subject to successful completion of training.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Maori & Pacific communities. Our organisation values diversity, inclusivity and empathy, if you do too, apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to do your life's best work at Auckland DHB.
For more information or to apply, please visit http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ quoting job number CEN07973 and register your interest and we can call you back to have a chat. Please attach your latest CV and cover letter outlining your area(s) of interest.
For more information and for help with your online application, please contact Emma Flay, Recruitment Consultant on phone +64 9 631 0701 or Mobile +64 9 021 571 192 or emailÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Core Children's Worker as defined by the Act.
Specialist Anaesthetist (six months fixed term from September 2018) - Northland District Health Board
We are seeking a Specialist Anaesthetist to join our team for six months to cover maternity leave. It is expected that the applicant participate in the consultant on call roster (usually 1:12).
You must have a qualification that allows Vocational Registration as an Anaesthetist with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Whangarei Hospital is the largest hospital in Northland providing secondary care services, supported by three regional hospitals in Kaitaia, Kawakawa, and Dargaville.
Northland covers an area of 12,600 square kilometres with a population of approximately 160,000. It boasts some of the most scenic and exciting coastal areas of New Zealand in a subtropical climate. Popular water recreation areas include the Bay of Islands and Poor Knight Islands Reserves. Whangarei is a 25-minute flight or 2-hour drive from Auckland.
Northland District Health Board is an Approved Accredited Employer by the New Zealand Immigration Service.
Email is preferred first method of contact. Informal enquiries are encouraged.
Vacancy No: MD18-014
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
All applications should be directed to Tania Vaile, Recruitment Officer - Senior Medical Officers,
Northland District Health Board, Private Bag 9742, Whangarei 0148, Northland, New Zealand. Phone: +64 9 430 4101 ext 60484, email: Tania.Vaile@northlanddhb.org.nz or visit our website: www.northlanddhb.org.nz/careers/vacancies.aspx