Information regarding membership registration and registration form:
(Fees Last updated November 2016)
- To register, complete the required fields in the Membership and Contact Details tabs below before clicking ‘REGISTER‘
- If you are applying for membership for the first time, you will need to select two names, one to nominate and one to second your membership application. You can choose from the drop-down list which includes trainee and retired anaesthetists. An email will be sent out to the Nominator and Seconder requesting confirmation of their selection to act as a nominator or seconder before being presented for ratification at the next Executive Committee meeting. New Ordinary (Full) members have the option to pay a pro-rata amount at any stage of the year, up until 30 November. After this date, any new registrations will be registering for the next subscription year i.e. a full subscription will be payable.
- If you are a new member tick no for returning members question.
- If you are a returning member tick yes, and fill in the respective years. Returning members who have been a member within the last two years are required to pay the full annual membership year fee regardless of when they re-join; please contact the NZSA office if in any doubt about whether a full or pro-rata fee is applicable. Please note that all returning members will be presented for ratification at the next Executive Committee meeting and may be asked to provide an updated nominator and seconder.
- Once you register your details, you will be directed to a payment screen to pay your subscription (unless you are selecting the free Trainee Member option).
- Upon completion of payment you will be sent an automated acknowledgement of your registration as well as details to gain access to the members’ section of the website. For those logging in for the first time, we would recommend resetting your password after logging in. Once the process is completed, access to the members’ only section will be triggered.
- Credit Card payment (Visa or MasterCard ) via the website is preferred but you can also pay by cheque or internet banking (02 0168-0240227-000 (BNZ) referencing NZSA Subs and your name to assist with payment reconciliation.
- The membership year is 1 January to 31st December, with fees reviewed at the AGM.
- The website has an automated process built in whereby members who haven’t paid by 31 January will not be able to access member pages until their membership is renewed.
- If you are on the SMO MECA (relevant for many in ‘MOSS’ and ‘Fellow” positions), then please select the “Ordinary Membership” option as you will be able to claim back the full membership fee from your DHB.
- Trainee membership is free. This do not include the AIC Journal, however you have the option of adding the journal subscription to your trainee membership.